Chalawan Grout tile grout for general tile use Chalawan Grout is made from Portland cement and special additives.
- Clean and remove any dirt or contaminations remaining in the joints. Make sure the joints are clean and dry before grouting.
- Mix 1 kg of grout powder with 0.35-0.4 liters of clean water, or 2.5 parts grout to 1 part water (by volume).
- Add the grout into the water and mix well by hand or low speed drill.
- Allow the grout to slake for 10 minutes, then remix. The mix should be stirred intermittently during application. Do not add water or grout after this point. If the grout has become too stiff to work, discard it and make a new batch.
- Apply grouting after 24- 48 hour tile installation. Grout all areas by filling the joints with grout, then using a rubber face trowel and working diagonally across the grout joints. Remove all excess grout with the trowel. After 2 hours, clean tile surfaces with wet sponge and clean cloth.
- During the first 72 hours, care should be taken to prevent the grout from drying out, by covering the installation with natural kraft paper.
- Plastic sheeting or newspaper should not be used.
- After 10 days, the area may be re-cleaned to remove any remaining grout from the surface of the tile. Scrubbing the floor with hot water and soap works best.
- It is not recommended that acids be used, as this cause color alteration of the grout joint. If necessary, test in an inconspicuous place first.
- May be harmful to the eyes, skin, or lungs. Cement may cause skin irritation. Wear suitable protective clothing, gloves and eye/face protection. In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water and see a doctor.
- Keep out of the reach of children