Crocodile Elastic Shield is “New generation of Polyurethane”, one-component, Solvent Free, ready to use, highly permanent elastic, cold applied waterborned polyurethane waterproofing membrane which is developed with a unique E.F.P. (Environmental Friendly Polyurethane) technology based on new generation of polyurethane.
Crocodile Elastic Shield is a primerless coating with excellent mechanical and chemical, thermal, UV resistance used for the waterproofing of exposed or non exposed terraces , roof deck and balconies. Waterproofing for exterior applications such as terraces, rooftops, roof tiles, wall, gutter, flashing, ridge board and ridge capping Can bridge small hairline cracks prior to painting over
- The dehumidified surfaces should be stable, binding, clean and grease-free.
- Maximum moisture content should not exceed 10 %. Substrate compressive strength should be at least 25 MPa, New concrete structures need to dry for at least 28 days.
- Porous and absorbent substrates should be primed with the Crocodile Elastic Shield (diluted up to ~ 20% with clean water.
- Crocodile Elastic Shield has to be stirred well with an electrical mixer before the application.
- When the product becomes homogenous apply the product with a brush or roller until the surface is fully covered.
- After the priming Crocodile Elastic Shield has be to be applied in a short period of time as a basecoat.
- After priming with Crocodile Elastic Shield itself onto porous substrates, the non-diluted Crocodile Elastic Shield has to be applied within 6-12 hours (not later than 24 hours) as a 1 basecoat when the primer is still a little bit tacky
- 2nd coat has to be applied within 12 hours (not later than 24 hours).
- Wall-Floor connections, pipes, siphons etc… has to be fully reinforced with Crocodile Fiber Mesh. For this kind of application, apply the 1 coat Crocodile Elastic Shield and then embed the Crocodile Fiber Mesh and immediately apply the 2 coat Crocodile Elastic Shield as wet on wet. For these kind of detaillings Crocodile Fiber Mesh can also be used.
- Newly applied surfaces should be protected from water min for 12 hours.
- For the long lasting UV stability, abrasion resistance againts traffic and to avoid the chaulking and surface yellowing, an UV resistant top-coat is recommended.The non-cured, fresh Crocodile Elastic Shield is slippery when wet or during rain. In order to get an anti-slip surface dry quarz sand can be sprinkled during curing period of the membrane.
- Approx. 0.5-0.6 kg/m2 per layer depending on the absorbency and smoothness of the surface.
- The coverage amounts are theoretical and it is recommended to do coverage controlled sample application before treatment.
- For the best results, do not apply the Crocodile Elastic Shield over 0.5 mm dry film thickness per layer. Low temperature retards the curing process and high temperature accelerates the curing process.