For optimum results, bonding surface should be roughened by sandblasting or
other mechanical mean. Remove all loose, unsound, contaminated concrete from
the patch area. Pre-wet and keep bonding surfaces damp preferably for 4 hours
prior to the placement of the patch. Remove excess water and allow drying
slightly before applying Crocodile Feather Patch.
Add Crocodile Feather Patch to the water and mix for 2 to 3 minutes until a
uniform lump free consistency is obtained. The working time is approximately
Apply Crocodile Feather Patch with a trowel from feather edge to ½ in. (13mm)
Thickness. If blistering occurs, use a trowel with a coarse textured surface or
delay finishing until material starts to set. Protect the patched area from mechanical
abuse, direct sun exposure, drying winds and temperature extremes for 3 days.
Crocodile Feather Patch 20 kg per 1.8 m2 at 6 mm thickness
Crocodile Feather Patch (20 kg bag) 91 bag per 1 m3
- Feather Patch is water retentive and therefore self-curing for most applications. In hot, dry or windy environments apply a water based membrane curing compound such as Spartan Cote WB. Alternatively, hot weather curing can be accomplished by periodically fogging with water or covering with polyethylene. Protect the patched area from mechanical abuse, direct sun exposure, drying winds and temperature extremes for 2 to 3 days.
- If product runs or sags when applied to vertical surfaces, reduce the mixing water quantity. Avoid overworking the surface. Do not wet the surface of the patching material while finishing. The patch surface can be shaved or textured as Feather Patch begins to set.
- Do not use for patches over 1/2 in. (13 mm) deep unless placed in layers of 1/2 in. (13 mm) maximum thickness. Use Skimcrete for non-sag vertical and overhead repairs up to 1/2 in. (13 mm) in thickness.
- Do not use Feather Patch where the patched area will be subject to continuous immersion in water unless a protective coating is applied.
- Do not add any admixtures or other materials to Feather Patch.
- Observe ACI guidelines for hot and cold weather concreting when material, surface or ambient temperature is above 95°F (35°C) or below 40°F (4°C)
- Paste may cause injury to skin or eyes. Use of rubber gloves, dust masks, eye protection, and other safety equipment is recommended.
- If contact with eyes occurs, flush immediately and repeatedly with water, and then contact doctor immediately.
- Avoid contact with skin. Wash thoroughly after handling.
- Keep out of reach of children