Crocodile Floor Hardener is a high-quality blend of carefully graded
quartz-silica aggregate, selected Portland cement and special dispersing
and water-reducing agents. Crocodile Floor Hardener is a ready-to-use
surface treatment for new concrete which imparts greater durability
and longer service life to high-traffic concrete floors. The quartz-silica
aggregate is naturally compatible with concrete and provides a very
hard, dense, abrasion-resistant surface. It has proven to produce 300%
greater abrasion resistance than untreated concrete slabs.
The concrete should be allowed to stand after screeding and bull
floating. This will give the bleed water time to come to the surface. The
bleed water can be removed with a rubber hose by dragging it in a loop
across the concrete surface or by allowing it to evaporate. Do not apply
floor hardener into bleed water. If a harsh or low slump concrete mix
is used do not delay application of floor hardener. Float the concrete
immediately prior to floor hardener application to open the surface.
Use a wood float or wood bull float for this.
The floor hardener should be applied in two steps, often referred to as
“shakes”. Use a mechanical spreader or broadcast by hand
approximately ¾ of the required floor hardener evenly over the concrete
surface. Allow the floor hardener to absorb available moisture until it
wets out thoroughly. After the floor hardener darkens uniformly it
should be floated into the concrete surface with a wood hand or bull
float. Apply the remaining of the floor hardener in a similar manner
except at right angles to the first shake. Again allow the floor hardener
to wet out thoroughly and then float it in using a wood hand or bull float.
Avoid overworking the surface at this point to keep the floor hardener
at the surface. Float the edges by hand using a wood hand float. A power
float can also be used to float the floor hardener into the concrete
surface; however, it is necessary to delay application until the concrete
can support the power float and the operator.
•Medium duty 2-3 kg / sq.m.
•Heavy duty 3.5-5 kg / sq.m.
- Non-Metallic Floor Hardener is a cementitious product. It should not be used in areas where exposure to acids or other chemicals which attack concrete can occur. Non-Metallic Floor Hardener is not recommended for use in areas subject to highly concentrated live loads, point impact loading or where steel-wheeled vehicles will be operated. Use Non-Metallic Floor Hardener where were high impact and point loading will occur.
- Cement may cause injury to skin or eyes. Use of rubber gloves, dust masks, eye protection, and other safety equipment is recommended.
- If contact with eyes occurs, flush immediately and repeatedly with water, and then contact doctor immediately.
- Avoid contact with skin. Wash thoroughly after handling.
- Keep out of reach of children