Crocodile Silicone Seal N is a premium quality, neutral cure (non-acid), one part moisture curing silicone sealant. It is an easy to use general purpose silicone designed for general purpose glazing and sealing applications where long-term reliability is required.It is suitable for use in weather sealing all metal and masonry residential building components as used in roofing, guttering, wall cladding, metal windows frames, skylights. It is ideal for applications such as bathrooms, sanitary. Adhere and seal to porous and non-porous surfaces including steel, aluminum, glass, masonry, fiberglass, non-oily wood, painted, many plastic surface, and also for use with zinc-coated and galvanized metal building products.
- 100% Neutral Silicone
- Adhere to a wide range of building materials and finishes.
- Excellent resistance to weathering, ultra-violet radiation, vibration, moisture, ozone, temperature extreme, airborne pollutants, cleaning detergents and many solvents.
- Non-slumping; can be used in vertical and overhead joints.
- Provides excellent anti-corrosion barrier between dissimilar metals where electrolytic corrosion can be a severe problem.
- The silicone sealant should be applied at a thickness not to exceed 6mm (1/4 in) from an exposed edge. The recommended minimum joint dimension is 1/4″ x 1/4″ and the maximum joint dimension is 1″ x 3/8″.
- Ensure all surfaces that will be in contact with the sealant must be clean, dry, and free of dust, dirt, rust, oil and other contaminants.
- Nonporous substrates should be clean with solvent and wipe dry immediately with cloth before the solvent evaporates from the surface. Porous surfaces should be roughening with a stiff-bristled brush, rubbed down or sandblasted.
- Cut off tip nozzle and cartridge. Screw on nozzle to cartridge.
- Fit into caulking gun; apply on surface in steady flow.
- If required, smooth and shape sealant with spatula dipped in mild detergent.
- To remove excess uncured sealant with a mineral turpentine soaked cloth. Fully cured excess sealant can be removed by trimming with a sharp knife.
- Content fully cures in 48 hours
- For structuring glazing.On submerged joint where porous substrates permit water to the bond interface.
- Can not be painted as paint will not adhere to sealant.
- Can not be applied on materials that bleed oils, plasticizers or solvents such as impregnated wood or oil-base caulks, or release by-products that may inhibit it cure, affect adhesion or discolor the sealant.
- Not recommended for use in close or confined area where sealant cure may be inhibited.
- May be harmful to the eyes, skin, or lungs. Wear suitable protective clothing, gloves, and eye/face protection
- In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with water and seek medical advice.
- After contact with skin, wash immediately with water
- Keep out of reach of children